Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 9

Food Report and Check-In



Breakfast:  Sausage Balls and a fresh apricot (Ate on the road, no picture.)

Lunch: Chicken, ground beef, radishes, olives, carrots, avocado, mixed greens and Paleo Ranch Dressing.

Dinner: Beef kabobs with pineapple and jicama, grilled zucchini, and pickled cucumber and beets. 

Check-In:  Disappointment today. My trip to Boise didn’t work out. I was so upset at first, and then realized there must be a reason I just don’t understand. The good news, not once did I feel like eating.  In the past, this kind of disappointment and the drama around it would have sent me running to food.  But thankfully that never occurred to me.  I did go to Tulley’s and get a cup of hot tea, but no temptations. That part feels pretty good.  The tea was actually calming and soothing. 

Once I got my head around the fact that I had an abrupt change in plans, I decided to start working on a project that I’ve created called Whole Life AIP.  More on that soon.  I managed to get a few good hours of work done which was awesome. The blessing in all this is that I get to spend more time with my granddaughters - they were surprised to see me when they got home from school, but very happy.  

Also think I am going to experiment with some new recipes this week.  I already started a batch of kombucha.  I learned a lot about it at the class I took.  I’ll write a blog post about it tomorrow and give you the recipes.  Speaking of recipes.  Here’s Chris’ recipe for Sausage Balls.  They seem pretty easy to make and are really tasty.

Sausage Balls:  Equal portions of ground chicken and pork, sage, celery seed, salt and pepper (season to your own taste).  Mix together, roll into balls and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.  If using a meat thermometer cook until internal temp of 140 degrees.  You could also fry these in a pan with coconut oil. It makes quite a few balls. Great for batch cooking.  Quick and easy for breakfast. 

Nine days already!  Double digits starting tomorrow!  Hang in there we’re almost 1/3 of the way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment