Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 26

Food Report and Check-In


Food Report

Breakfast:  Coconut, peach and ice smoothie
Lunch: Chicken breast cooked in coconut oil, mixed greens, carrots, radishes, green onions and cucumber.
Dinner: Grilled chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, salad.

Check-In:  I'm feeling nearly back to normal today. It has been an adjustment, but it is good to be back in my own bed.  It's also good to be back in my own kitchen and getting re-acquainted with my knifes, pans and cooking supplies. It's funny how you get used to a kitchen and a rhythm so quickly. My kitchen seemed like a foreign place to me yesterday, I had gotten so used to cooking at my daughters, but it only took a couple of meals to get back in sync.  However it did get me thinking about flow.  Having a kitchen that flows well, where things you use a lot are within easy reach and conveniently placed makes meal prep so much easier.  I also thought about tools, and how there are many that make working in the kitchen more simple.  In order to make life long changes in the way you eat, creating a kitchen that supports ease of cooking and preparation is a must.  Today I decided to do an inventory and a simple study of my work flow to see if there is something I can do to make things more efficient.  There are several things I've determined already.  I realized that my measuring spoons and cups are in a bowl high on a second shelf, that is inconvenient to reach.  It's a simple thing that is easy to fix. It may seem like a small thing, but things like that add up and take extra effort and steps to get the job done.  

Today I saw some people I haven't seen since I left in May. First I went to the salon where I get my nails and hair done and as soon as I walked through the door they noticed. "Wow, you've lost weight!" It was really nice to hear and even better to know that it was showing.  I felt it, but I wasn't sure others could see it.  I then went to dinner with some friends who also noticed and told me how good I looked and how bright my face looked.  Afterwards, I went to a meeting and a few people there also noticed my weight loss.  It felt really good.  I don't know how much I have lost during this Whole30, but I know the total from when I started in January is over 50 pounds.  It is really starting to make a difference. It is happy result of following the AIP and changing my relationship with food.  I'm losing weight, feeling healthy and pain free, and thinking clearer.  It feels pretty great! It sure makes giving up all the foods much easier to do. 

Three days to day 30!  Can't wait to hear all the positive results people have to report! 



No comments:

Post a Comment