Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 5

Food Report and Check-In


For report for Day 5:

Breakfast: I forgot to take a picture.  But I had a repeat of yesterday.  Sausage balls and mixed fresh fruit.

Lunch:  Festa bowl with ground beef.  A mix of veggies - jicima, radishes, celery, cauliflower, green onion, cilantro, all chopped up and dipped with ground, grass fed beef cooked with onions, salt & pepper.  I topped it with the Paleo Ranch Dressing.  Pretty good. 

Dinner: Grilled grass fed, ground beef patty, grilled broccoli, and broccoli slaw with a vinegar dressing. 

Check-In:
The day was going fine until I ate dinner.  About an hour after dinner both my arms started aching really bad.  I was at the Fermenting Class and I was sitting there and suddenly noticed them hurting.  As the class progressed it got worse and worse.  I know it was a reaction to something at dinner and I suspect it is the broccoli.  Most everything else I have been eating regularly.  I haven't eaten broccoli in a long time because I really don't like it - it reminds me too much of my dieting days.  Also, I had the same reaction - the aching arms - when I tried to reintroduce eggs.  So I think this is a way my body responds to things that trigger me.  Weird.  But effective.

Back to the Fermenting Class.  It was awesome.  I learned how to make kombucha and ginger beer. And, got to sample some too.  It was very informative and I am ready to start making some right away.  I will write a separate blog post with all the info tomorrow. 

Right now, I am heading to the hot tub and soaking my aching arms!

Onward to Day 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment