Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 7 - Week 1 Complete!

Food Report and Check-In


Here's the menu for the day.  

Breakfast: Bacon, banana and fresh strawberries

Lunch: Red Robin - Hamburger in lettuce wrap with avocado, steamed broccoli (a few bites only) and a few sweet potato fries. 

Dinner: Grilled turkey sausage, sauerkraut, carrots and green olives.

Check-In: Today was less stressful, but still pretty high on the stress meter.  Bella's birthday sleep over last night with 5 girls.  Elisha fixed them a waffle breakfast this morning and then we all went to the movies - Maleficent in 3-D, very good and action packed.  Then to lunch at Red Robin and then home.  The last one was picked up after 4 pm.  Then I went with Elisha to take Bella (granddaughter #2) to get sized for her soccer uniform.  Then back home again, and thankfully Chris had dinner waiting.  It's a good thing I have been eating AIP for a few months or I wouldn't be able to keep up! Elisha warned me when I made the plan to visit for a month, that it was going to be hectic.  She wasn't kidding.

So excited to be finishing the first week of the Whole30 AIP Challenge.  It seemed to go by pretty fast.  Today I was feeling less tired and more energetic.  My mind seems to be working better too.  The last few days I have been very tired and going to bed early. I think that phase may be over, we'll see.  But I do recognize that I have to listen to my body and sleep if I need to sleep.  I haven't had issues with cravings, but I have noticed some old habits that I miss, like afternoon coffee and snack.  There is something about taking that time to relax with a good cup of decaf cappuccino and a coco-roon that gets me through the day.  I've managed without it, so I think I'll survive.  I replaced it with peppermint tea and no snack and honestly, it is satisfying just having something warm. 

Hope all of you are feeling better and getting into a groove. Congrats to everyone for making it the first week.  Seven days down 23 to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment