Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 28

Food Report and Check-In


Food

Breakfast: Cantaloupe and grilled chicken
Lunch:  Mixed greens, romaine, pear, and chicken (blended in the food processor with coconut milk, salt and pepper)  It was pretty good.
Dinner: Ham, peas, and baked potato 

Check-In
Something strange has happened today.  I realized that since I have been home I have to fight the urge to snack.  When I was in Seattle I didn't even think about having snacks.  But since I've been home it has been really hard.  Not exactly sure what to think of it.  I do know that it is always hard for me to come home.  When I am there life is full and I feel like I am going 65mph.  Then, when I come home life seems to come to a screeching halt and I am in the 20 mph zone.  My neighborhood is quiet, no kids running by or people walking babies in carriages or dogs barking.  It is such a contrast.  It's hard for me to slow down and make the adjustment.  So I've found myself being called to the TV and the refrigerator.  I have a new webpage I am trying to get launched by Sunday and have been working on that a lot, but it's so quiet and I get a little bored and head towards the kitchen.  I feel a haze or veil of depression coming over me and I am trying to fight it.

Learning to bloom where I'm planted has been my goal since I moved here.  Some days I do okay, and other days no so well. I realize that eating or using food to soothe the boredom and discontent is not the answer.  It's interesting how eating healthy and following the AIP brings up all kinds of stuff - physical and emotional.  Today I have to remember to treat  myself with loving kindness and maybe do something nurturing, and not eat food I don't need!

Day 28 is over and I'm glad!  Heading to bed early, looking forward to a new day.



No comments:

Post a Comment