Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 12

Food Report and Check-In


Pork Day

Breakfast: Sweet Potato Banana Pancakes with avocado/ham wraps.

Lunch: Shopping at Whole Foods so I decided to eat lunch there.  Carrots, cauliflower, kale with sliced Applegate ham and kombucha.

Dinner: Grilled pork-chop, apple sauce and Ginger Garlic Parsnip Noodles. The noodles turned out really good and tasted delicious.  It really seemed like noodles.  I will definitely make this one again.

Check-In: Pretty uneventful day today.  Everyone seems to be feeling good, no complaints.  Elisha was having a little foggy brain issue this afternoon - but I think that was from not getting enough sleep last night.  Chris is feeling good and is overcoming his crankiness.  His energy is increasing and so is his creativity.  I'm feeling good and am also experiencing a flood of creativity myself. I'm excited about the new project I'm working on, but I can't tell you about it yet, but soon!  All I can say is it will continue where the Whole30 ends.

We are into a groove here and I realized today that we've eaten out as a family only once in 12 days! That is pretty amazing.  I've eaten out a few times on my own, but certainly not as many times as I usually do.  I think the meal planning we are doing is really making the difference.  Shopping, cooking and planning ahead so that meal preparation is more simple and having breakfast and lunch food easily available is the key to success.  It seemed like hard work at the beginning but we are getting better at it every day.  Planning makes all the difference!

So long Day 12!  Day 13 here we come!





No comments:

Post a Comment