Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 2

Food Report & Check-In


BREAKFAST


fresh local sausage 
banana
apple slice
peppermint hot tea


Late this morning so breakfast was quick.  I almost forgot to take a picture.  This is my half eaten breakfast. 








LUNCH


Left over Paleo Shepperd Pie
(Chris eliminated any ingredients that weren't AIP friendly)
Carrot noodles (Used the new handheld spiralizer. It worked good, but not great.) 
Kombucha









DINNER


grilled pork chop
mashed sweet potatoes with coconut oil & cinnamon
grilled asparagus
cucumber in apple cider vinegar













CHECK-IN 

Day 2 completed.  It was a hectic day.  Chris and I did menu planning again and went grocery shopping.  This time we made menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next the three days.  I asked if we could shop in smaller amounts because it gets crazy trying to plan that far ahead making meals for a family of 5. I'm used to just making AIP for myself and helping Chris make food for the whole family is adjustment.

(NOTE: Most of you know, but in case you'er wondering I'm visiting my daughter and family in Bellevue, WA until the 24th of June.  We are in this together and I am trying to support their success in the Whole30 anyway I can. My son-in-law works from home and does all the cooking so we are working together to make the food interesting. Plus he knows a lot about Paleo, which is a big bonus.)

Today we also got out the dehydrator and I sliced up some zucchini and Chris blended up some frozen fruit to make fruit leather for the kids (not AIP).  It's out in the garage dehydrating as I write this, and should be done soon.  We're going to use the zucchini for snacks at meals or in salads for a crunch.

I also made two of the salad dressing from the Pinterest Board today.  Orange Vinaigrette and Paleo Ranch. Both tasted pretty good.  We'll put them to use tomorrow, we have tossed salad with grilled chicken breasts on the menu for tomorrow lunch! 

Chris is having detox issues - headache, no-energy, "cranky as hell" as he put it, and is ready for this day to be over.  He loves coffee and drinks a lot - so he is suffering.  My daughter, Elisha is doing okay.  She had a slight headache, feels tired and achy.  I feel okay, but I have been doing AIP for over four months so this way of eating is pretty normal for me.  I am tired from working harder than I normally do! Jumping into the life of a busy family with two kids is exhausting, but I love it!

Two days down, 28 days to go.  Hope tomorrow goes well.  Keep up the good work!






No comments:

Post a Comment