Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 21

Food Report and Check-In


Ahh . . .things are feeling a little more normal.

Breakfast: pear, Refresh peppermint tea 

Lunch:  chopped salad - romaine lettuce, mixed greens, kalamata olives, radishes, stir-fry chicken topped with Creamy Ginger Lime Dressing (recipe below).

Dinner: grass feed, organic beef patties cooked with chopped onions, cilantro cauliflower rice, and purple cabbage and carrot slaw

Check-in: Thankfully I am feeling nearly back to normal today and by lunch time I was back into the swing of eating my new AIP way.  Because of the histamine reaction issue I had to eliminate some more things --some fish, cured meats, most vinegars, bananas, and a few other things.  But, over all it doesn't seem to be that difficult.  I am still feeling a bit queasy so I am taking it easy.

I only have three days left in Seattle and then I am heading home to California. It is going to be hard to leave my family.  But I have people who love me waiting at home too.  It's been wonderful to have this month to be part of their lives and all the activities.  Plus starting the Whole30 Challenge and having our own support group.  Meal planning and preparation has been more enjoyable and I have been inspired to experiment with recipes.  I am going to certainly miss Chris doing all the shopping and putting all the groceries away!

That said, things started to fall apart while I was sick.  I wasn't able to hold up my end of the meal prep and meal planning.  Chris and I tried to pull it together a bit yesterday, but then it feel apart again.  I realized today that I had to focus on getting my food together and they've been on their own.  It's been a busy, running around kinda weekend for them. I also realized that on Tuesday I will be flying away and we are all on our own again.  It's been a great experience and I hope they continue staying strong.

Many people have talked about continuing on past 30 days.  I am planning on continuing on too.  It's something each person has to decide.  But I also think our Facebook Group is a great place for support and help during re-introduction and beyond.  I have something in mind and I hope to have it ready to share with you by the end of next week.

That's it for Day 21.  Hope you are all doing well this weekend.  It's been a little quiet. However, we have gained about 15 new people over the past week or so, which is awesome!  Some people are just starting their Whole30 and others have already been doing it.  It's so great to see this group growing and people getting healthy!

Congrats to all of you for making it this far!

In the spirit of community,   






Creamy Ginger Lime Dressing

From 21 Day Sugar Detox by Diane Sanfilippi

1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
zest and juice of 1/2 line ( I used the whole line)

Prep time: 10 minutes 
Servings: 4
Yield: About 1/2 cup



No comments:

Post a Comment