Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 24 & 25

Food Report and Check-In

Day 24:
Breakfast: coconut milk, peach, hemp smoothie
Lunch: grilled chicken and watermelon
Dinner: hamburger patty and sweet potato

Day 25:
Lunch: chicken breast, summer squash
Dinner: grass feed, organic hamburger, onions, zucchini, apple

Check-In:
The last two days seemed to have gone by so quickly.  Yesterday I was sitting with my granddaughters playing Qwirkle and today I am home looking at a pile of mail and an empty refrigerator. My plane flight was delayed yesterday and I didn't get home until nearly midnight.  Making the Whole30 a priority has been my goal and continuing to eating clean.  I missed breakfast this morning because there was nothing at all to eat.  After unpacking and getting a bit reacclimatized I headed to the health food and grocery store.  It is such a stark contract in resources between the abundant Seattle area and the high desert of California.  As much as I try to accept the reality of where I live, it is hard.  The grocery store where I shop has only a small organic section and a few organic meats choices.  But, thankfully I have that.  The closest Whole Foods or Trader Joe's is over an hour away. Tomorrow is the Farmer's Market and I will head there to see what I can find.  It's time to fill up the refrigerator with lots of fresh fruit and veggies!

I am feeling good, nearly back to normal after the histamine attack. But I am still aware that I have to make different food choices. Since I am starting with a clean slate and empty refrigerator it is going to make it far easier.  On Day 25 I feel like I am just getting warmed up and I've decided to go beyond the 30 for at least another 15 days.  It seems like I am getting a better understanding of my body and my food sensitivities. It's been an interesting 25 days! 

Hope you are all doing well and figuring out what you plan to do next.



No comments:

Post a Comment