Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 27

Food Report and Check-In


Food Report

Breakfast: coconut milk, peach and hie smoothie
Lunch:  organic, grass feed ground beef, onions, and zucchini
Dinner: Mixed greens, green onions, cucumber, radishes, grilled chicken breast, olive oil

Check-In
Today seemed pretty easy food wise.  I have made some similar choices, but the food tastes good and is fulfilling.  It is simple and easy.  I realized that the best way for me to cook, now that I have this histamine issue to address, is to go to the grocery store every couple of days.  That way the food is fresh and it gives me more options.  Fresh is best when it comes to eating low histamine.  So tomorrow I am going to figure out food for the next few days and shop.  I think I'm going to try a recipe that I didn't get to make in Seattle, Ginger and Garlic Beef and Broccoli. At the beginning of the challenge I was anti smoothies, but since my histamine reaction and loss of appetite for meat, I've become a fan.  Coconut milk makes such a good base and peaches are coming in season, so I am a happy girl.  I'd love to add protein powder, but not sure what to use.  I think I'm going to add that in after day 30, after some investigation. 

Tonight I went to a talk about using essential oils for healing.  It was really interesting and I learned a
lot.  There was a woman who spoke about healing her Hashimoto's disease using peppermint and lemongrass oils.  Quite intriguing.  I've been interested in oils for years and I know that they effect me and can alter my emotional state.  But what I learned tonight is that they can change things on a cellular level as well.  Time to do some research and learn more about the possibilities of using essential oils to heal inflammation.  I already use lavender for sleeping.  Every night I spray my pillows with it, and it works so well that just smelling it makes me feel sleepy.  So I know it works!

Hope all is going well with everyone.  The posting on our Facebook group has slowed down quite a bit, so I hope it's because everyone is out there having fun because you have so much energy!

Day 27 down . . . three more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment