Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Apple, Turkey, Chicken, Pork Sausage

Breakfast Experiment


This morning I decided to make some breakfast sausage as an experiment in preparation for the Challenge.  I think it turned out pretty good so I am sharing the recipe with you. The meat is organic.




AIP Apple, Turkey, Chicken, Pork Breakfast Sausage

1 lb ground chicken
1 lb ground turkey
1 lb ground pork
1 organic Granny Smith apple finely chopped
Salt & pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. Use 1/4 cup measuring cup and form into patties.  I cooked some in a pan with coconut oil and some in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour.  I think the ones in the pan turned out better.  For variety, next time I might make them into balls, add onion, and try different seasoning.  You could really try most anything!  I served these up with a few slices of peach and banana. 

These will freeze well.  I normally package two patties together in a snack size Ziplock bag and keep several in the freezer for quick meals.  I use them for breakfast, cubed up in salads at lunch and also for dinner.  







No comments:

Post a Comment